• alt text

Even before the entry of 5G technology in India, the telecom companies are gearing up to develop 5G ecosystem. The latest Mi 10i handset is undoubtedly an affordable 5G smartphone in the 25K segment.

Known for developing flagship specs in an affordable package, the Xiaomi gets Mi 10i in the Indian market. The latest handset borrows the design and specs of Chinese Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.

i Stands for India:

Branding it as a Make in India handset, the company said that the new Mi 10i is customized to meet the need of Indian smartphone lovers and thus i stands for India. The 108MP camera and 5G network-ready are special attractions on this mobile.

The Mi 10i is equipped with 11 thermal sensors for efficient cooling of the handset. The IP 53 rating splash-proof design makes it an everyday gadget. Moreover, it has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection both on front and back.

Mi 10i Specifications:

Regarding specifications, the Xiaomi Mi 10i sports a 6.67-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080p) 2.5D DotDisplay (HDR) with an AdaptiveSync 120Hz refresh rate. That means, the handset smartly adapts itself depending on the screen content. The panel adjusts its refresh rate to 30Hz for videos and goes all out to offer 120Hz in gaming.

alt text

Powered by the 5G ready Octa-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G chipset, Adreno™ 619 GPU and 6/8GB RAM, the Mi 10i has an inbuilt 64GB/128GB storage. It comes with 4820mAh battery (dual-split charging) and 33W fast charging adapter in the box. The company boasts that the handset can charge 0 to 68% in 30 minutes and 100% in 58 minutes.

108MP World’s Slimmest HM2 Sensor:

On the optics front, there’s Samsung’s 108MP (world’s slimmest HM2) sensor (f/1.75) along with 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 large aperture), two 2MP sensors for both macro and depth shots.

There will be a 16MP In-display front camera (f/2.45 aperture) for selfies and video calling. It supports 4K resolution and super-macro video shots as well. The Widevine L1 certification is a huge plus for HD streaming.

The other specs include 3.5mm jack support, dual SIM VoLTE HD calling, GPS/A-GPS, side-mounted fingerprint reader, Ultra-sound proximity sensor, IR blaster, 360° Ambient light sensors etc.

Price-wise, the entry-level (6GB/64GB) Xiaomi Mi 10i variant will retail at ₹20,999 ($287). The other variants 6GB/128GB costs ₹21,999 ($300) and higher-end 8GB/128GB variant will go for ₹23,999 ($328).

As a launch offer, one can avail ₹2,000 instant discounts on ICICI Bank cards & EMI. The Reliance Jio has also got benefits worth ₹10,000.

Mi 10i & Competition:

alt text

Clad in Pacific Sunrise, Midnight Black and Atlantic Blue colours, the first sale of Mi 10i is scheduled for January 8th 12PM IST through Amazon India, Mi India portal and Mi Home retail stores across the country. There’s an exclusive sale for Amazon Prime users on January 7th 12PM IST.

Going with the specs, Xiaomi Mi 10i will likely compete against OnePlus Nord 5G and Vivo V20 Pro 5G. However, it is to be noted that the new handset resembles a Poco X3 with upgraded internals. Moreover, the presence of very less 5G bands can be a deciding factor.

If 5G phone is the only criteria, then there are many options including Mi 10T, Realme X50 Pro, and Moto G 5G. Even the Realme X3 Series handsets that are powered by Snapdragon 855+ chipsets are equally competent enough.

So, what do you think of Xiaomi’s strategy in bringing 5G handsets to the Indian market? Share your thoughts.

alt text

You May Also Like: Vi 948 Postpaid Ships Unlimited Data (Amazon Prime & ZEE5 Premium)

You May Also Like