Apple App Store Best Of 2020 Awards (Includes Wakeout & Zoom)
Admin last edited by
The end of the year is near, again! Though 2020 has not been a year to remember for obvious reasons, Apple has celebrated 15 of its apps and games that inspired the world in 2020.
The Best iPhone Apps 2020
The Cupertino-based electronics giant Apple has declared App Store Vest of 2020 winners for their innovation, positive culture impact, and helpfulness.
Wakeout! - iPhone App of the Year:
Wakeout is named as the iPhone App of the Year. When people are confined at their home due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Wakeout! App tried to help the people to stay active.
The exercises are fun, timely and appropriate. You get 18 exercises in the free version. The PRO version is by subscription. You have to pay $2 per month or $15 per year for the full version.
Developed by Andres Canella, the Wakeout! App designs movements that make you feel amazing. In fact, they reduce stress, make you feel more energized, and enhance your mood.
Zoom – iPad App of the Year:
Zoom changed the way we work and study from home. It’s been so beneficial during these unprecedented times with COVID-10 pandemic. If the reports are to be believed, Zoom is Apple’s most downloaded iPhone and iPad app of the year.
Fantastical – Mac App of the Year:
If you live and breathe appointments and meetings, then Fantastical is built for you. It’s a clean calendar app allowing you to manage basic events. Developed by Flexibits, the Fantastical app helps you to plan your day perfectly.
Disney+ – Apple TV App of the Year:
Increased streaming activity due to COVID-19 boosted Disney+ streaming service. The wide selection of movies and shows makes any Disney fan feel right at home with the app. It is named “Best Apple TV App” for 2020.
Endel – Apple Watch App of the Year:
Endel creates personalized soundscapes to give your mind and body what it needs to achieve total immersion for you at the moment. Sometimes it’s the sounds of the ocean, calming rain, or spherical sounds, all paired with harmonic tone sequences.
As a regular user, I can say that the quality of the sound and features are second to none.
Best Games of 2020:
Apart from the apps, Apple has also listed the best games of 2020. They are as follows:
- iPhone Game of the Year: “Genshin Impact,” from miHoYo.
- iPad Game of the Year: “Legends of Runeterra,” from Riot Games.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Disco Elysium,” from ZA/UM.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Dandara Trials of Fear,” from Long Hat House.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Sneaky Sasquatch,” from RAC7.
App Trends of 2020
- Shine, for helping users practice self-care.
- Explain Everything Whiteboard, for helping bring remote classrooms to life.
- ShareTheMeal app, for helping 87 million kids across the world to share the food
- Pokemon Go, for reinventing the popular outdoor gameplay with at-home experiences.
- Caribu, for adding interactive games and books to its real-time video-calling platform.
Do you agree with my opinion? Share your thoughts.
You May Also Like: Amazon Luna Cloud Gaming Now on Select Android Devices (for US Only)