Good news for Xiaomi India smartphone lovers. The popular Chinese smartphone maker will be adding another phone to its budget Redmi series. Though there were speculations about its launch, Redmi 3S will be officially launched this Wednesday in New Delhi.
With a fingerprint scanner, Redmi 3S variant is supposed to be a true ultra-affordable smartphone with all the top end specifications. There are 2 variants – 2GB RAM 16GB inbuilt storage and 3GB RAM 32GB inbuilt storage.
It remains to be seen whether Xiaomi India will launch both the variants or not. Based on the pricing strategy adopted in China, one could expect it to be under INR 10,000 in India as well.
Looks wise, it appears to have the same look and feel of the popular Redmi Note 3. With its metal unibody design and 5 inch HD IPS display, Redmi 3S could surely capture more market.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Specifications:
• 5-inch HD (720 x 1280) IPS display
• Powered by 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset clubbed with Adreno 505 GPU
• 3GB RAM - 32GB internal storage and 2GB RAM - 16GB internal storage variant
• Supports hybrid dual SIM (Micro + Nano) slot
• Runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop based MIUI 7.3
• 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus), LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, HDR mode, 1080p video recording capability
• 5MP selfie camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
• Dimensions 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm (5.48 x 2.74 x 0.33 in)
• Weighs 144 grams
• Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
• A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
• Rear fingerprint scanner
• Mammoth 4,100mAh Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Though Xiaomi India faces stiff competition in the budget smartphone category, Redmi 3S can definitely take its share based on its availability and pricing.