Jio Takes Subscribers Tally Past 397 Million (TRAI June Report)



  • alt text

    As per the latest data revealed by TRAI, the Reliance Jio has surpassed its rivals by increasing its subscriber base to 397 million. The total number of active wireless subscribers in June 2020 was reported as 958 million.

    Though this is an old data (TRAI June Report), the COVID-19 unlock guidelines has helped the telecom companies to gather some oil. Despite the easing of restrictions, the telecom companies failed to attract new subscriber base.

    Reliance Jio is the Front Runner in Wireless Segment:

    Except for Reliance Jio, all the telecom companies registered negative growth. Reliance Jio has seen a 1.15% monthly growth rate of wireless subscribers in the month of June 2020.

    On the other hand, industry heavyweights Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea registered a negative growth of (-)0.36% and (-)1.56% respectively. Similarly, both the Public Sector Units, BSNL and MTNL fared badly reflecting (-)1.45% and (-)0.11% respectively.

    alt text

    The month of June has got 5.83 million requests for Mobile Number Portability (MNP). The data also summed up a total of 497.04 million subscribers since the implementation of MNP.

    The data also revealed that 89.33% of the wireless subscriber’s are with private service providers. The remaining 10.67% share is being served by PSUs (BSNL and MTNL).

    Reliance Jio tops the list with 34.82% market share, followed by Bharti Airtel (27.76%), Vi (26.75%), BSNL (10.37%), and MTNL (0.29%).

    BSNL is the Market Leader in Wireline Segment:

    In case of wireline subscribers, BSNL leads the market share with 41.27%, followed by Bharti Airtel (21.57%), MTNL (15.58%), Tata Tele (8.71%), and Reliance Jio (7.35%).

    Overall, the PSU’s enjoy a 56.87% market share in the wireline segment.

    Do you agree with my opinion? Share your thoughts.

    Also Read: BSNL Prepaid Recharge Plans for Validity Extension (Updated 2020)



You May Also Like