• alt text

Starting September 19th, the thirteen season of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) kickstarts at UAE. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the IPL 2020 schedule got delayed.

With the coronavirus curve at peak stage, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) shifted the venue from India to the United Arab Emirates. Eight teams would be participating in this mega sports event.

The IPL 2020 schedule starts from 19th September and ends on 8th November 2020. A total of 60 IPL matches would be conducted. That means, a non-stop cricket entertainment for 53 days.

Now, the question comes how and where to watch IPL 2020 matches online?

Though Star Sports is the official broadcaster for the IPL 2020 matches, one can watch them on Disney+ Hotstar digital platform. It is to be noted that Disney+ Hotstar is the official digital streaming partner.

alt text

Where to Watch IPL Live on TV?

You can watch IPL 2020 match live on the big screen from the comfort of home along with your family and friends. It’s available on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, and Star Sports 1 Hindi TV channels.

How to Watch IPL Online in India?

Don’t worry you don’t need to sit at the idiot box all through the game. If you prefer watching IPL 2020 online, then there’s a live telecast. Just get the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription that costs 399 a year.

In order to promote themselves, a few credit card companies are offering Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription at a discounted price.

How to Watch IPL Live in Mobile Free?

You don’t need to spend on the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription. There’s another way to watch IPL live in mobile for free without subscription.

The Indian telecom companies are offering Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription as a complimentary with their recharge plans. Just recharge your prepaid sim with your favourite telecom network and get benefited.

Though there are many cricket plans, I would pick the best for you.

Jio 598 Disney+ Hotstar Plan:

The Jio 598 plan offers 1-year Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual subscription at no extra cost. Apart from that, the plan offers daily 2GB data, unlimited Jio calls, 2000 non-Jio calls, 100 SMS/day and complimentary Jio apps with a validity of 56 days.

Airtel 599 Disney+ Hotstar Plan:

Bharti Airtel’s 599 truly unlimited plan offers Disney+ Hotstar VIP 1-year subscription, Airtel Xstream Premium, and Wynk Music as add-ons. The 599 plan core benefits include daily 2GB data, truly unlimited voice calls and 100SMS/day with a validity of 56 days.

BSNL SUPERSTAR 300 FTTH Plan:

The state run-telecom has got an FTTH plan by the name SUPERSTAR 300. This pack is bundled with Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription. It offers 300GB data at 50 Mbps speed. With Hotstar Premium membership, you can watch IPL live on mobile, desktop and Smart TV.

However, this facility is not bundled with any BSNL prepaid plan.

5 Easy Steps to Watch IPL Live on Your Mobile Phone:

In order to watch IPL 2020 match, live in a mobile, you need to follow these 5 simple steps:

• Step 1: From the Google Playstore or App Store, download and install the Disney+ Hotstar app on your smartphone.

• Step2: Choose your language of interest.

• Step 3: Enter your mobile number to get an OTP.

• Step 4: Log in using OTP from your eligible Jio/Airtel number.

• Step 5: Open the Hotstar app and start live streaming as per the IPL 2020 schedule.

alt text

How to Watch IPL 2020 Live in Other Counties?

If you happen to stay abroad (other than India), then how are you planning to watch IPL 2020 live?

YuppTV is your only option! The YuppTV has got IPL streaming rights in 10 international territories. They span across Asia, Europe and the Americas.

As per the agreement with BCCI, YuppTV is authorized to show IPL live matches in Australia, Continental Europe (except UK and Ireland), Central Asia, South East Asia (except Singapore), Malaysia, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and South and Central America.

Where to See IPL 2020 Live in the USA and Canada?

The IPL 2020 season can be watched live in action by subscribing to Hotstar US and Hotstar Canada respectively at a price of $49.99.

I’m in the UK. How to Watch IPL Live in the UK?

The IPL lovers in the UK and Ireland has to get the subscription of Hotstar UK at GBP 11.99 per year. One can even watch live cricket on Sky Sports Now TV. Similarly, the Now TV Ireland makes it an official source for the Ireland cricket lovers.

Then how about IPL live watch in South Africa?

SuperSport continues to be the only destination for IPL lovers in South Africa and sub-Saharan territory. On can get the SuperSport subscription for free without hardship.

Where can I watch IPL 2020 in Caribbean Islands?

The islands of the Caribbean love cricket than any other sport. The BCCI has tied up with Flow Sports to allow live streaming of the IPL 2020 season.

In which app can I watch IPL live in New Zealand?

Even today, my Instagram stories are filled with love for Kane Williamson. Moreover, the Kiwi players have been an integral part of the IPL. That’s the reason, Fox Sports and Kayo Sports has got access to IPL 2020 streaming rights.

If I stay in UAE, then how to catch the live action online?

For the cricket lovers in the Middle East and North Africa (including UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt), BCCI has tied up with beINConnect for streaming IPL 2020 live online.

Probably, the only cricket-loving country to be left out is Pakistan. Officially, Pakistan has been excluded from the list. Last year, India-Pakistan relations are under strain.

Now due to severe pressure all along its border with China, India downgrades ties with Pakistan.

What if my country is excluded from the list of broadcasting countries? Then, the only answer could be VPN. However, it again depends on a lot of factors including the network compatibility with Hotstar.

Do you agree with my opinion? Share your thoughts.

Also Read: Jio Disney+ Hotstar VIP Access with ₹598 Recharge (56 Days Validity)

You May Also Like